Monday, December 13, 2010

Tuition Increase

So through out this semester we talked about management and managing people. One of the chapters that stood out to me was one of the first chapters in Bolman Deal that gave some really great references to some private management snafus. The home depot example that discussed the customers being dissatisfied which let to low satisfaction regarding costumer service. Well when I received an email to my Baruch email account a few days ago about my tuition being raised I felt like a disgruntled costumer in search of answers, wanting to know whose managing the communication to deliver this depressing news. An increase in the cost of CUNY has been a hot topic for sometime now but I do feel the email was a little short and mismanaged so to speak. I think when digging in to someone’s pockets figuratively speaking it is important to ease the blow and provide as much information as possible. Students are given information on how to pay their spring 2011 bill but their not given more information about how much money they will be paying exactly, and no I don’t mean providing percentages. Ironically the topic of the CUNY crisis was being discussed in my Intro to Public Affairs course last week. I am curious to see what the fallout will be from this.

Posted 12/13/10
Shawnta Washington

No comments:

Post a Comment