Thursday, December 16, 2010

One last post?

I noticed that postings stopped the day the final papers were due!!  That's what I figured would happen.

Anyway, thanks again for a great semester and a FASCINATING and INFORMATIVE blog.  I got a lot out of it.

One last post from me, and one last pearl of wisdon:

“I’m a no-name person,” says Cass Wheeler, the retired chief executive of the American Heart Association who was appointed interim president of Feed the Children last week. “I was a no-name person at the Heart Association. It doesn’t take a name to run a charity. It takes a team and a plan and commitment to a mission.”

This quote is from an article on Wheeler taking over the scandal-ridden Feed the Children. See:
 Beleaguered Charity Giant Turns to a Veteran Leader to Restore Its Reputation
http://philanthropy.com/article/Scandal-Ridden-Charity-Seeks/125728/?sid=&utm_source=&utm_medium=en

Cheers

John

No comments:

Post a Comment