Monday, December 13, 2010

Change isnt all bad

I recently read the book who moved my cheese which is a great book and a rally easy read. I was excited to read the book because Im one of those rats stuck on the idea that change is bad. I am more open to change now but I find my self analyzing my behavior trying to figure out if my reactions are related to how I felt about a change that took place. I think this theory relates to the current state of politics that we’re in. Its funny because our presidents campaign was based on the idea of change but when I think about the reelection of Bloomberg and even Bush I think the fear of change had a lot to do with this theory. I am confused about the fear in Bush’s case but I’d rather not be the judge on this situation. It just behooves me that Bloomberg was able to override a law called term limits to limit change. The narcissistic idea that he has been the single instrument in the betterment of the school system is foolish. I think people were just afraid of change hence the reason we are just getting our first African American President. I know there are many other reasons for that but people were and still are afraid to embrace change. I recommend Who Moved My Cheese !

Posted 12/13/10
Shawnta Washington

No comments:

Post a Comment